What is a Deacon?
Provide prayer support for members of the church and the community who request it. Send cards for sickness, condolences & encouragement for illness, bereavement and “thinking of you”
Please call 422-0220 and leave a message with your prayer or praise.
- Arrange for meals to be prepared for church member’s families with needs due to surgery, illness, childbirth, or other emergencies.
- Arrange for short term transportation for disabled members, and seniors, for church services, doctor appointments, or errands.
- Provide preparation and clean-up for all communion services.
- Assist with serving of communion during worship services
- Oversees and visits our members of the congregation who are hospitalized locally, due to illness, surgery or the birth of a child.
- Also visits members of the congregation who are currently in short-term rehabilitation facilities.
- Visit ill or house-bound members of the congregation.
- Minister to the families of deceased members and provide receptions for family and friends after funeral / memorial services.
Hospital visitations (to include Rehabilitation facilities) to our church members.
Widows/Widowers & Homebound Members
Provide support as needed, to include: Visitation, Phone calls & Cards for encouragement to those in our Congregation.