Pastor of Men & Assimilation
Salary Range: $95,000 +full medical/dental; 4 weeks vacation and 2 weeks study leave, book and other allowance, 5% of salary into retirement account.
Additionally full medical, dental, retirement with the following reimbursable allowances: auto, books, continuing education, allocation, business expenses
Requirements: B.A Seminary or equivalent very desirable
Profile of the person seeking:
Gifted speaker and Bible teacher, visionary, extravert who loves people, team player, self-starter who takes imitative, a deep heart for saving the unsaved, understands church growth strategies, knowledge and experience in small group ministry. Has strong recruiting skills, management skills and administrative dexterity
COMPASS of Salinas is non-denomination (under the umbrella of ECO). See our Statement of Faith on our website. We have grown from little more than 300 in worship to more than 2000, with a dynamic worship ministry at 3 locations. See clips of music on our website.
Multi-task position involving full knowledge of all ministries of Compass Church. The position will require the pastor to build working relationships with all departments and spearhead assimilation at Compass church.
This is a new position. We need a pastor who is passionate about evangelizing unbelievers and developing men into spiritual leaders of their families through small groups and larger venues attractive to seekers.
- Grow our small group ministry to 1000 men in Bible study.
- Write the weekly studies for the small groups.
- Envision and lead ‘men’s gatherings’ which are a stepping stone into small group study and to which men would invite their unchurched friends.
- Be out of the office and into the workplace building relationships.
- Be gifted in preaching and able to take the pulpit on Sundays with broadcast to our satellite churches.
- Be part of the ‘core staff’ for worship planning and development of vision for reaching the lost.
- Be the ‘host’ pastor at the new satellite campus.
- Close the back door of Compass church
- Recruiting Guests/Regular attenders to join Compass Church. Responsible for leading and
coordinating Next Step (Membership classes).
- Meet with staff leaders to insure a coordinated plan.
- Organize the culture of welcoming assimilation while mobilizing and equipping members of Compass Church to serve.
- New Members integrated into Compass Life Groups
- Follow up with anyone that fills out a Get Connected card on Sunday morning and get them connected to the church. IE. Life group, course, etc.
- Prompt response to volunteers and their need for oversight and training
- Use Fellowship 1 to track guest and action plans for each person. From invitations to interested guests through training fully functioning members.
Required Skills and Job Complexity:
- Innovative & creative
- Coaching Skills
- Positive attitude and positive approach to problem solving.
- Relational skills
*This description is not all inclusive, and other duties may be assigned as necessary
Resume, references, photo of self & family, and at least one preaching dvd (or link) to: Karen Stuart
Karen@compasschurchmc.org Compass Church
830 Padre Dr.
Salinas, CA 93901