Easter Outreach Event
Saturday, April 8, 2017 (11am – 2pm at Compass Church)
- Easter egg hunt, games, crafts and food for needy families
- help plan or volunteer at the event
- Many, many filled plastic eggs needed – can you help?
- Needed – Adult Easter Bunny costume and someone to wear it! (-:
- To volunteer, contact Rita at firstname.lastname@example.org
or sign-up at the Community Outreach booth on Sundays.
Save the Date – Salinas United 2017
Kids In Need – Monthly themed activities to bless 35 vulnerable children in great need. 3rd Friday of every month from 6:00-8:00pm at the Family Resource Center
Convalescent Home Visits at Windsor Gardens – (2 – 3:30pm on the 4th Sundays). We provide a simple service including a devotional reading, music and then visiting with the residents in their rooms. If you have a gift to share, please let me know. Help us bless these precious, shut-in, elderly children of God!
- Prepare and Serve a Meal at the SALINAS WARMING SHELTER Come join us as we deliver and serve a meal to approximately 30-40 homeless men, women and children in this temporary winter shelter.Upcoming visits are Sundays, March 12 and April 9 (6:00-8:00pm)
- Dorothy’s Kitchen – Prepare and Serve a Meal on the 4th Sundays (11am – 2pm). Volunteers also needed to prepare sandwiches and deliver to the church that morning.
- Jail Ministry – join a team of men or women who visit the Monterey County Jail to provide a simple service and prayer to the inmates there (min. once monthly). Training and fingerprinting required. Visits for men or women are on Wednesday evenings (men available other nights as well).
Ongoing Donation Opportunity
Got Beanie Babies?? If you have your old collection that you no longer want, please bring them to the Community Outreach Booth or Padre Office and we will use them to bless many kids in our community!
We would love to have you join us on any of the above opportunities. Together, we can make a difference!
Community Outreach Director
831-422-7811 x118 office