Welcome to our CHILDREN’S CHURCH!
Serving infants-5th grade
It is a tough time to be raising kids. Let us help you raise a “G-rated kid in an R-rated world!”Our mission is:
- To introduce children to a relationship with Jesus and disciple them.
- To provide a curriculum that helps our children become Biblically-literate.
- To partner with parents as they guide their children to become fully devoted followers of Jesus.
We believe we CAN change Salinas- ONE CHILD AT A TIME.
We do this by engaging your kids with FUN lessons that teach Biblical values and are age-appropriate.
THIS IS NOT CHILDCARE, but CHRISTIAN EDUCATION.
Check us out on Compass Church’s Facebook page under Kid Connect.You can see what your children have been learning.
Kid Central (2nd-5th Grades)
- Skate ParkTree house
- Climbing Wall
- Library, Drawing room for the quieter child
- Music room, Dance studio
- Pet Shop, Geography Room, Crafts
- Bible Detective Center
- Puppet shows monthly
Our curriculum is JESUS IN JEANS.
Come and check us out!
Still signing up volunteers for both age groups.
Contact Lorilee x 125
Take a Video Tour of Son Shine Kids and Kids Central
SON SHINE KIDS
Serving Infants-1st grade
- Nursing mother’s room where you can watch the service
- Pagers to contact you should your child need you
- Central Park play room with a jump house
- A safe room
- Beautiful classrooms with kid-friendly murals
- Our teachers have been trained and through background checks.
Stacey Gooder – SonShine Kids Director
WHAT IS AWANA?
- A program for Preschool through 6th grade designed to help them correctly understand and apply the Bible to their lives.
- Teaches our children to have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Gospel first
- High Scripture content
- Exciting and Fun
- Training our youth to serve
- Built on Strong Leadership
WHAT DOES AWANA STAND FOR BASED ON 2 Timothy 2:15?
For more information contact:
Diana Romirez or Bonnie Mockabee at x302
- 9:00 AM and 10:45 AM at the Main St. contemporary worship center.
- Infants through 1st grade classes meet down stairs.
- 2nd -5th grade classes meet next door at Kids Central.
- 10:45 AM at the Padre Dr. facility. (Special Treasures)
- Over 350 Children and 65 adult volunteers participate in Children’s Ministry. We offer a full CHILDREN’S CHURCH for infants through 5th graders during all Worship Services.
Childcare is an important component of various ministries and programs to reserve a spot for your child or children call the childcare line three days prior to the event at (831) 422-0220. Click here for schedule
Leticia Lopez Garces – Childcare Director
The Special Treasures Class (for 8 year olds to 68 year olds) is designed for people with special developmental needs. It meets each Sunday morning from 10:45 am-11:45 am at Padre Dr. This ministry began in 1991 serving those with special needs.
The students are greeted with light refreshments and conversation to build relationships. Crafts and games introduce the lesson of the day. An excellent curriculum, designed especially for the developmentally disabled, is used to teach the Bible lesson and apply it to their lives. Singing, skits and prayer are also part of the morning.
A low student-teacher ratio is maintained to give optimal attention and care. Parents and caregivers are welcome to visit the class anytime. Several field trips and parties are offered throughout the year as well.
Special Treasures will run through June 26th and then take a break for Summer. * Diane Wriedt – Lead teacher
We are praying this is a blessing to you as you see what your children are learning
and as you allow our Children’s Ministry to continue growing!
We hope this supports you in your Family Devotions at home.
Thank you for your enthusiasm and we look forward to getting
to know you.
Lorilee Morgan Children’s Director Of Christian Education x 125
Tiffany Lane CD Assistant X 112 (for scheduling)